How it works
We are not taking any Clothing items for the month of January.
We are still looking for Designer Handbags, Shoes, & Jewelry.
We will begin looking for Spring / Summer items in February
Stop in any day anytime to drop off your items
We will select the best-sellers at a later time ( this process may take up to 30 days ) and donate the rest to NU2U Thrift Store in Saline.
we do not set items aside for you to pick up at a later time
We like them on hangers or folded nicely in bags. Items brought in on hangers will be processed faster.
Please allow us at least 30 days to process your items. Your items are processed faster if you bring them in on hangers.
- You can check to see what items were chosen & when they when they were put on the sales floor by going to www.theresaleboutique.com click on "consignor log in" . Follow the steps from there.
- Your items will be displayed for 60 days in the store. The 60 days starts the day your items are processed and put on the sales floor. If you change your mind during this time and want to take your items back. You will be charged a $10 restocking fee.
- Some items sell better online. Items chosen to be listed on our website will be displayed for a total of 120 days. If you change you mind during this time and want to take your items back. You will be charged a $10 restocking fee.
- You will receive 40% of the sale.
- You may pick up a check anytime after the 15th of the month for items that were sold the prior month or before. We can mail a check upon request. We will deduct $1.50
- You may use store credit at anytime.
- We are not responsible for loss of items by theft or fire. We do our best for these things not to happen.
- We do not charge a fee to consign, however if someone purchases one of your items and pays with a credit card you will see a 5% deduction on that item.
- Items chosen to sell in the store that do not sell within 60 days will become property of The Resale Boutique & either sold for store profit in an annual sale or donated to NU2U Thrift Shop Non Profit in Saline.
- Items chosen to sell online that do not sell within 120 days will become the property of The Resale Boutique & sold for store profit in an annual sale or donated to NU2U Thrift Shop in Saline. (Our goal is to sell all items we list online)
Thanks for consigning with us, we appreciate your business.
We are always looking for treasures to add to our ever-changing inventory
Drop off your unwanted items ANY DAY ANY TIME!!!! Its that simple!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for like new condition brand name & designer clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry & accessories. .
Items need to be current styles purchased within the past couple years
Designer Labels are desirable*
Vintage Chic is also welcomed
Please bring no more than 25 items at a time. Before you drop off, check for stains, underarms, cuffs, inside of pants. If they are stained, please do not bring them.
Items MUST be freshly laundered, no wrinkles, and on HANGERS we can keep or folded nicely in bags
February - June we accept Spring / Summer - July we take a break from clothing drop offs. However, we still look for designer handbags, shoes, boots, & jewelry.
August - December we accept Fall / Winter January we take a break from clothing drop offs. However, we still look for designer handbags, shoes, boots, & jewelry.
.Items that do not sell within the 60 day selling period become the property of The Resale Boutique & may be sold for store profit or donated to NU2U in Saline, Mi. We will provide you with a tax receipt upon request ( exception of higher end items - we will keep until they sell
- We do not accpept bridal wear, suits over 2 years old, under garments, swimwear or bras. We will consider swimewear if they have the tags.
We pride ourselves on establishing and continuing long term customer relationshipsTips on consigning
Get the Most for your treasures
1. Wash/Clean your items before bringing them in
2. Check the collars, cuffs, underarms, around the neck, & inside seam in pants. If these areas of any item are not clean, they will not be accepted.
3. Make sure they are wrinkle free
4. We look at the brands, we only take items from brand stores, boutique stores, & premium labels.
5. Items from kohls, target, sears, jc penny, meijer, wallmart, costco, & kmart will be donated.
6. When going through your items, ask yourself " is this item like new", if its not, we probably will not take it.
7. Check for pilling on sweaters
8. We check for broken zippers & missing buttons on items
9. Shoes have to be nearly new for us to take them. We check for scuffs, worn heels & interior wear.
Frequently asked questions????
How do i know what items were accepted?
Allow us up to 30 days to process your items, when they are processed your items will show up on your inventory list online. Keep checking back to view your inventory.
How do you choose a price for my items?
The price is based on the brand & the condition.
The better the condition & quality, the higher we can price the item.
We generally price your consigned items 40% to 60% lower than retail pricing
We also have to keep in mind the discount stores prices like Tj Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, etc.... & Outlet Malls
We price items as high as we can with our shoppers still feeling like they are getting a good deal
Pre-owned items are only worth what someone is willing to pay!
Why cant i pick up the items you wont accept?
We do not have the storage space to store items. 9 times out of 10, we go through the trouble of bagging unwanted items, storing them, calling or emailing you to be told "oh, just go ahead and donate it".
Why can't i make an appointment for you to go through my things or why cant you just go through them right now and give them back to me?
We have a philosophy of "You make it easy for us & we will make it easy for you"... This means come in whenever you want and drop off (easy for you)... We go through them in the mornings when its quiet & there is no distraction (easy for us). Remember we do not charge a consignment fee. You are welcome to take photos of your items and email them to us for review.
I see in your contract unsold items will become property of The Resale Boutique & sold for store profit or donated?
We believe in team work. There are lots of fees & costs associated with running a business that is not thought about. This is just a little something extra to help us to be able to keep our doors open for you to bring your items to consign. We do not charge a yearly fee like most consignment shops.
We can provide you a tax receipt upon request